NaBloPoMo Day 3


Prompt: "Can you listen to music and write? What song did you hear today?"

I write much, much better with some kind of noise in the background. I don't generally listen to music at home (there, I'm much more likely to leave the TV on for background noise), but at the office, I often leave Spotify open to an Ani DiFranco or Dar Williams album while I work. The background noise helps to drown out all of the other "noise" in my head so that I can focus my brain on the task at hand. Writing that out sounds crazy, but it works for me.

Songs I've heard today (not while writing, but in the car): "Telephone" by Lady Gaga, repeatedly. Isaac is OBSESSED with this song. As soon as we get near the car, he starts begging, "Gaga, phone? Please?" When it ends, he says, "Phone again!" I am seriously sick of Lady Gaga. Nora loves her too, so when they're both in the car, they bicker over which Lady Gaga song to play. It makes me craaaaaaazy.

For the record, this problem is limited to my husband's car. He's set up a Gaga playlist for them on an SD card - and they know it. In my car, they listen to whatever I put on and don't complain. However, I've been driving P's car for the last several days for various reasons, so I've been the one subjected to this nonsense.

When I got home last night from shopping with a friend, I announced to P that the best thing about the trip was spending two hours in the car without a single person asking me to turn on Lady Gaga. It was nice hanging out with my friend, of course, but the lack of Gaga was absolutely divine. 

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please note that dissenting opinions - presented respectfully - are always welcome on this blog, but trolling and abusive comments will be deleted.

Back to Home Back to Top Blog content (c) 2011 by Lisa at Chaos and Quiet. Blog theme: Ligneous. Theme adapted for Blogger by Chica Blogger.