Craft projects for the uncrafty

I'm always looking for easy craft projects to do with Nora while Isaac is napping. I'm not remotely crafty, but she loves all things art-related, so I force myself to do it for her sake. It's a nice way to spend time with her, even if her projects ultimately look less child-made than my own.

I happened the other day on something she loved and which kept her occupied for quite a while. It was easy, too, so I'm going to share for anyone out there who may be similarly uninspired (crafty people, feel free to laugh - I'm sure you do this and more before breakfast everyday).

Glue and Glitter


Step 1: Use glue to make a design on a piece of paper.


Step 2: Shake some glitter onto the glue design.


Step 3: When it's good and glittery, have the child give it to a parent to shake the excess glitter into the trash. (I guess if you're braver than me, you could allow the child to do this her/himself).


Step 4: Ooh and ahh over the glittery picture. I forgot to take a picture of the picture Nora was working on above (a birthday cake on a table), but here's her princess:


And here's her butterfly:

Optional Step 5: Decorate with other art supplies. Nora added a sponge-painted heart to her name design.


The finished product:


See? Simple. And no real craftiness required.

Now, just don't do what I did and leave the glittery pictures to dry on the kitchen table. Unless, of course, you also want your younger child to smear his/her face in glue and glitter when s/he wakes up from napping...

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please note that dissenting opinions - presented respectfully - are always welcome on this blog, but trolling and abusive comments will be deleted.

Back to Home Back to Top Blog content (c) 2011 by Lisa at Chaos and Quiet. Blog theme: Ligneous. Theme adapted for Blogger by Chica Blogger.